If you would like us to include other good resources here, please contact us with your recommendations.
General Attachment Parenting
- Website of Attachment Parenting International.
- They coined the term “Attachment Parenting” and have put together a
comprehensive site. They write as both parents and professionals (paediatrician, nurse, lactation
consultant) and address many aspects of baby and childcare.
- A Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to providing parents,
caregivers, and organizations, with support and current evidence-based
information in order to make the best decisions for their parenting
- Website of the Australian Breastfeeding Association.
- Website of La Leche League, an international breastfeeding support
group. Their site contains a lot of information, answers to FAQs and
- Loads of information about breastfeeding, including videos clips.
Breastfeeding and Parenting website.
Noonee Wilga - One family's experiences doing elimination communication with their baby
Slings / Baby and Toddler Carriers / Babywearing
The Baby Wearer - Comprehensive babywearing site. Contains links to instructions for
using carriers, articles on choosing a carrier and product and vendor
reviews. Also hosts forums where members can post on choosing and using
carriers, parenting and other topics.
International - source of information about babywearing
including safety aspects and links to research about baby wearing
- Dr James McKenna and the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at
the University of Notre Dame. Information about how to co-sleep safely
and what research says about co-sleeping.
- Contains links to information and safety advice about co-sleeping.
Australian Health Professionals
- Robin Grille is a psychologist and psychotherapist and author of the
book Parenting for a Peaceful World.
http://www.pinkymckay.com.au/ - Pinky McKay is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
(IBCLC) and Infant Massage Instructor and author of the books Parenting
By Heart, 100 Ways To Calm The Crying and Sleeping Like a Baby. Her
site contains articles and forums for parenting discussions.
- Dr Sarah J. Buckley, GP/family physician and author of the book
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering. Her site contains a number of articles
she has written about birth and parenting.
Other Health Professionals
- Dr Jay Gordon, an American paediatrician supportive of Attachment
- Dr Susan Markel, an American paediatrician supportive of Attachment
Health Direct Australia - nationwide access 24 hours a day, seven days a week to healthcare
triage, health advice and health information over the telephone
- Kindred (formerly byronchild), an Australian natural parenting
magazine. Selected articles are available online and they have a great
collection of links to other web-sites.
- A blog that argues against using controlled crying, with links to
research and parenting articles.
- Natural Parenting, an Australian site, includes articles on
attachment parenting. Some articles available free online, more
available by subscription.
Joyous Birth, website and forums of the Australian homebirth network.
- Website for The Continuum Concept, includes articles and a discussion
- Website of The Natural Child Project. Contains many articles about
parenting by various authors.
http://nurturingacrosscultures.org/us/ - Website of The Rebozo Way Project - Nurturing Across Cultures. Information about traditional
parenting practices. Unfortunately updates on the site are discontinued, but it remains as a wonderful source of information.
- Website founded by Gwen Dewar, a biological anthropologist, exploring
the scientific evidence supporting child rearing practices such as
Attachment Parenting, from the perspective of anthropology,
developmental psychology and cognitive and evolutionary science.